Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodbye Summer

Today is the last day of August but luckily I don't have to go back to school or any of that real people bullshit so I feel good. Kinda low on weedzz but I'm gonna make a phone call in a bit. Last weeks show at Young Zee's crib was really fun. Everyone got drunk and some people even more than drunk, me and TMFSE being two of them. Me, TMFSE and Young Zee ripped a track at about 3am that night and I spent much of last week over Young Zee/Rah Digga's crib. It's very fun there. It seems we are doing a little collaborative effort that will be available for online download in a few weeks called "Division 152" and it will feature the likes of yours truly GEE DEE PEE, Young Zee, Rah Digga, TMFSE, Shape, Pistol and hopefully Pace Won and Flawless Larry Hobzz. I think Outsidaz "Nightlife" came out when I was 12 or 13, I remember seeing this video and thinking it was so fucking ill. Needless to say it's an honor to be working with such talented emcees.

If you are not familiar with Young Zee and The Outsidaz camp and consider yourself well versed in hip hop, specifically NJ/East Coast hip hop then you do not have much of an argument. This song/album is also a classic.

That's enough of my Outsidaz plug. I performed last night in Brooklyn with L.I.F.E. Long and Born Wreckess and it was cool. Bunch of friends came out and there was a BBQ and skate session for the young bucks. Biggups everyone involved. My friends Mark Karinja and Garreth Jackson came out to see the show as they're in town between shoots, you might remember them from the "Succumb" video in which I am sitting on a chair rapping about cool stuff. We will be doing a music video together for the song "Loopholes" off of my "Realistic Expectations" CD/DVD this month. Think hazmats. Look forward to that and we shot a video last week at Zee's crib for a song he, myself, Shape, TMFSE, and Pistol all laced...think classic Jersey posse cut meets druggie cynicism. I'll have those photos up soon. This week I will begin to book my October/November tour and if you would like me to go to your city/town/basement/hall/whateverthefuck please email DivisionEastRecords@Gmail.com
Here are some pictures from the last week or so. Photo props go out to Jen Strong







Frozen Gentleman performed beautifully (pictured above) by the way. They are the fellas responsible for producing my next vinyl release "Too High To Die" which I will tell you more about soon.

Shape's new video for "Miley Whiteskin" also warrants posting, it is awesome. Mikey Diebold you did well buddy. Look for Junkwaffel getting his grind on in the top left corner of the group shot, he's got some really good moves.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment